Savannah Seafood Stuffing
"This is a seafood stuffing that has been in my family for a while. We have never actually stuffed the bird with this to avoid the turkey having a 'fishy' taste. We tend to like our dressing very moist, but if you prefer a drier stuffing, only use half of the broth."
- Large Skillet
- Large Bowl
- 9x13" baking dish
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 lb crabmeat drained and flaked
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 6oz package corn bread stuffing mix
- 2 tbsp white sugar divided
- 1 10.75 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- Melt the margarine in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, celery crabmeat and shrimp; cook and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the stuffing, bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Mix in the vegetables and seafood from the skillet.
- Stir in the cream of mushroom soup and as much of the chicken broth as you like.
- Spoon into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly toasted on top.
Additional Per Serving: 15.7 g fat; 28.4 g carbohydrates; 22 g protein; 94 mg cholesterol; 1141 mg sodium.