BAKED STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
- 11 x 7 inch baking dish
- 4 lg. slices sourdough bread crusts removed, bread cubed
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 lg. Granny Smith apple peeled and chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 to 3 tbsp. sifted confectioners' sugar
- Maple apricot, blueberry or raspberry syrup
- Place half the bread cubes in an ungreased 11 x 7 inch baking dish. Cover with cream cheese cubes, distributing evenly. Sprinkle with chopped apple. Top evenly with remaining bread cubes.
- Beat together eggs, milk and cinnamon until well blended; pour over bread mixture in dish. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven about 35 minutes, or until set. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve with syrup. Yield: 4 to 5 servings.