5 Ingredient Peanut Cup Energy Bites
EASY, 5 ingredient peanut butter energy bites sweetened with dates and studded with oats, dark chocolate and chia seeds! Full of fiber, protein and healthy fats.
Servings: 15 (bites)
- Food Processor or blender
- 1 cup dates pitted // if dry, soak in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain well
- 3 tbsp all-natural salted peanut or almond butter
- 1/4 cup dairy-free dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (or sub flax or hemp seeds)
- 2/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- Pulse dates in a food processor or blender until they’re in small pieces or it forms a ball (see photo).
- Add oats, chocolate, chia seeds and peanut butter and pulse or mix until combined. You want there to be consistently small pieces but not overly processed.
- Carefully roll into 1-inch balls (29-30 grams per ball), using the warmth of your hands to mold them together. Should yield 14-15 balls (amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size).
- To set, pop in fridge or freezer for 15 minutes. Otherwise, eat as is! Will keep fresh in an air-tight bag or container for up to a week. Freeze for longer term storage.
Nutrition Per Serving (1 of 15 bites) <-- Rough Estimate
- Calories: 92
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Sodium: 10mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sugar: 9g
- Protein: 2.1g